When a person dies in a medical setting, it can be difficult for families to find out why the death happened. Doctors and hospitals, concerned about liability for the death, may keep information from the family. It often takes the involvement of a lawyer to help you get answers.
At Cavanagh Law Group, our lawyers are experienced in handling all types of medical malpractice cases, including cases of wrongful death. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in compensation in wrongful death actions for families in Chicago and throughout Illinois.
Did your family member die due to a medical error? Contact our attorneys today for a free case evaluation.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Not every medical death is due to malpractice. Sometimes doctors and hospitals do everything they are supposed to do, and still the patient dies. However, if the medical provider failed to follow the standard of care, and the death was a direct result of this failure, then the provider would be guilty of malpractice.
The following are examples of medical malpractice:
- Failure to diagnose heart attack despite observable symptoms;
- Failure to order appropriate tests to diagnose cancer or other serious illness;
- Failure to correctly read lab test results, resulting in misdiagnosis;
- Surgical or anesthesia errors resulting in death;
- Failure to monitor a patient for infection following surgery; and
- Prescription drug errors resulting in death.
Wrongful death investigations are a search for the truth, and our lawyers have the experience and financial resources necessary to uncover medical negligence.
Contact Our Cook County Wrongful Death Attorneys
For more information, contact our Chicago attorney for medical deaths at 312-425-1900 or by e-mail.